Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Home Again, Home Again Jiggedy Jig

Ah the comforts of home. Well worn slippers, well worn paths to familiar cafes, book shops and parks, old friends. Xavier was most solicitous upon my return. He very kindly looked after Bruno, the Roly Poly Chime Ball, for me and said there was a flurry of jingling approximately at the moment of my travails at sea. Xavier credits my survival to his particular relationship with the Sea God and says I should be grateful that I am his friend and thus protected.
There has been little progress on the wedding planning but Ariadne is now sporting a most unwieldy object on her engagement finger and keeping a brave face about it. Rupert the ring designer and Xavier have concocted really a most extraordinary object for her and I am sure she will have to set it aside at some point but for now she is wearing it much of the time. She says she sees herself as a moving art work (a sentiment I am sympathetic to).
Hugo arrived at my front door yesterday with an elaborate invitation to take Tea with the Anonymous Patron tomorrow. I am a little trepidatious as I suppose he will critique my video piece. We shall see.

No comments: