Friday, July 28, 2006

The Light and the Dark
Xavier and I playing badminton in the park today. He finally persuaded me to play, and what fun it was. It's wonderful to really feel into your fingers and toes and be the moving little animal under the sky that you were born to be.
After we had finished our game we sat on a park bench drinking some water. I caught sight of something from the corner of my eye. 'Please no' I thought 'not now'. When I turned to look there was Unbeing. He was distant but unmistakable. He stood under the trees, in shadow. It was like a cheerful tune sliding into atonality.
Xavier had gone very still and I know he saw him too. We sat very quietly for a time until Unbeing sort of faded further back into the trees and was gone.
The sun was shining and we were rested and we decided the day still belonged to us and we were going to keep on playing badminton and laughing and singing in the bathtub.

No comments: