Sunday, July 30, 2006

Lunacy and the New Moon
I was out for my evening walk which takes me past this fantastic spectacle. As I was walking by I noticed a queue. As I came closer I could see people holding harps and guitars, lots of sequins and a rainbow coloured wig. Here a group of kids doing a rap, there a Shirley Temple look alike singing 'Lollipops Lollipops' in great show tune style. I couldn't resist. I joined the queue and I felt like I had run away to join the circus. I found myself standing behind a woman with five wonderful performing dogs. Of particular note was a perfectly proportioned little Jack Russell called Matilda wearing a pink studded collar who was able to sit upright on her owner's perfectly flat outheld palm with her little paws held up. Matilda's owner was a woman called Ariadne and we got to chatting. Well it seems they were all there to audition for a talent quest. Ariadne gave me her card and we may meet for a coffee some time this week. How wonderful. I am thinking of taking up ventriloquism.

No comments: