Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Transformations

I have started another assemblage. I call it '7/27 11A' . I found this piece of cardboard yesterday on my way home from Xavier's. I love the numbers. There is a small beach near my rooms that is always littered, often with smooth sea worn pieces of glass. How wonderful it is to find them, transformed as they are from something potentially vicious into something quite lovely. As I look at the picture that is forming I see that my experiences at Xavier's have led me to something vaguely face like. Yet I feel there is some connection to my arch rival Unbeing here too. Am I applying the transformative power of art to this most problematic relationship in my life? Perhaps.
I put on my snug socks this evening and had a comforting dinner of boiled eggs on toast. Ernestine sounded well (we spoke on the phone) and we have agreed to meet tomorrow. She says she has something to talk with me about.

No comments: