Friday, September 01, 2006

Art Meeting and other Shipwrecks


I feature here a picture of Xavier in his nautical mode so that you can see what heights he has reached. It certainly raised a few eyebrows at our lunch meeting in the cave like environs of my local cafe. To confuse matters further he kept calling the waiter 'my child' in an ecclesiastical tone. Personally I think he is more piratical that naval with a touch of the Napoleonic to him too. Suffice it to say he created quite a frisson of interest in our fellow patrons and I was conscious of more than one fellow diner straining to hear his utterances. The dam of good decorum was burst and laughter ensued as Xavier, waving his fork through the air like a harpoon, announced to his plate of baked mushrooms 'I shall devour you, you landlubbers!'. Xavier himself was oblivious to the general merriment.
So I decided not to swim against the current, but allow myself to be swept along by the force of Xavier's preoccupation and agreed to a watery theme for our collaborative art piece. After all, I have been collecting a great deal of my found objects along the shoreline.
So it is to be some sort of underwater spectacle. Ariadne is in favour and has begun to create a little jellyfish outfit for Matilda.

No comments: