Monday, September 11, 2006

The Owl and the Pussy-cat


A picture of Ariadne and (Admiral) Xavier on a Sunday afternoon boating trip that put me in mind of Edward Lear's The Owl and the Pussy-cat who went to sea in a beautiful pea green boat. Not oblivious to the parallels I believe Xavier provided honey sandwiches and they threw one coin each into the sea and made a wish. Whilst I don't entirely approve of throwing anything into the water, it was a Romantic gesture. I was once again dog sitter to Matilda who would not be persuaded away from the pier and howled until they came back! For solace I had a new coat, made for me by Norma-Jean, so at least I looked dapper whilst creating a public disturbance. Plans continue to blossom for the Undersea Extravaganza and it is scheduled for next weekend. The Patron has provided a wonderful venue, a harbourside boatshed, and Xavier and I are experimenting with old fashioned sea helmets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So pleased learn of your return from your sea-journey, Mr Found Objects Man.